Hydraulic modeling solutions
SIS proposes two software packages dedicated to modeling drinking water distribution networks (InfoWorks WS) and sewerage networks (InfoWorks CS), both of which are among the best in their class and provided by one of the world leaders in the field, Innovyze.
The basic objective of any organization that deals with the distribution of drinking water is to ensure a continuous and efficient supply and to maintain a high level of water quality. The water must have a constant pressure and the losses due to the leakage must be minimal. Achieving this objective depends on a number of factors such as weather conditions, regulations in the field, security, etc.
InfoWorks WS provides accurate monitoring of network performance and support for operating goals. A precise system model helps identify infrastructure weaknesses, water quality incidents, and other events relevant to safe and proper operation. The model can also be used to simulate emergency conditions and to investigate possible solutions.
Examples of InfoWorks WS applications:
- Estimation of water quantity at individual consumer level
- Investigation of problems related to water supply
- Demand management
- Design and implementation of drought action plans
- Planning capital investments
- Critical links analysis
- Planning the scenarios and analyzing the required flow rates in case of fire
- Simulation of water pollution incidents
- Establishing the needs of water treatment at sources
- Analysis of water quality and chlorination processes
- Sediment analysis and pipe cleaning
- Optimization of pumping systems
- Optimization of storage systems
InfoWorks CS offers utility providers a unique and efficient tool, with which they can perform hydraulic modeling of the entire sewerage system. This is essential for identifying weaknesses and justifying investments in infrastructure, but it also offers a practical method for operational control, including real-time control of the sewerage network. Other applications include the prediction of floods and pollution events in the urban environment and modeling of water quality and sediment transport phenomen through the network.
Examples of InfoWorks CS applications:
- Masterplans and studies on sewage and water drainage systems
- Estimating the impact of climate change on urban drainage systems
- Efficient implementation of sustainable drainage systems in urban areas
- Hydraulic analysis of waste water treatment processes
- Identification of solutions for intermittent discharges from sewage systems
- Flood and pollution prediction
- Modeling the phenomenon of sediment transport and water quality
- Analysis and management of sewage systems
- Analysis of infiltration and water supply in the network
Both software can be integrated with GIS or SCADA applications in order to build the model and calibrate it based on the actual data taken from the measuring equipment in the process. The applications also support connecting to JET, Oracle and MS SQL databases, as well as import / export operations to and from a wide range of file formats.
Another strong point of these applications is the attractive graphical interface, which allows easy monitoring of the evolution of the modeled system for the different simulated scenarios and displaying the results in an easy-to-follow format (either as tables or as variation graphs); these results are subsequently included in customized activity reports for efficient organization-level management.