Fire detection, alarm and extinguishing systems
The role of the systems is to detect the beginning of the fire in the protected spaces and to alert the personnel, of the fire teams and of any category of people located in the area that can help extinguish the fire and limit its effects.
- Conventional systems – for small spaces, up to 1000 sm
- Addressable systems – for large spaces, they allow the exact identification of the alfalfa element in alarm
Fire extinguishing systems
The purpose of any extinguishing system is to minimize losses and damages both at the level of the goods and at the level of the persons in the protected space. Water is an excellent extinguishing agent, due to its ability to absorb heat and stop the combustion process. However, water use can often damage property. So, for areas where high value goods are stored, water is not the ideal solution.
For such situations, gas extinguishing agents and aerosol based systems represent the optimal solution, as they do not bring additional damages. The extinguishing process does not leave residues, so the valuables remain impeccable.
- Nitrogen (IG – 100) – inert gas, colorless and non-combustible, minimum calculation concentration: 43.7% (according to ISO / FDIS standard 14520-13: 2000 (E)), NOAEL at 43%, LOAEL at 52%.
Recommendations: closed spaces, technological installations
- Inergen (IG – 541) – mixture of: nitrogen (52%), argon (40%), carbon dioxide (8%), minimum calculation concentration (for Class A fires) 36.5%, NOAEL at 43%, LOAEL at 52%.
Recommendations: enclosures with computer technology, enclosures with electronic or telecommunications equipment and equipment, enclosures for production and transport, enclosures with values.
- Novec 1230 (FK-5-1-12) – chemical substance, minimum calculation concentration (for Class A fires) 5.6%, NOAEL at 10%, LOAEL at more than 10%.
Recommendations: museums, art galleries, bookstores, libraries, warehouses, banks, electrical equipment, medical and laboratory equipment, military installations, oil platforms and gas installations, petrochemical factories, generators, pumping stations, industrial control rooms.
- Aerosols – microparticles of potassium and gas compounds, O.D.P. = 0, G.W.P. = 0, A.L.T. = 30 – 120 min.
Recommendations: fires of gaseous, solid and liquid substances, especially those derived from hydrocarbons (natural gas, petroleum products, fuels, lubricants, etc.), fires on electrical equipment with voltages up to 24,000 V; fires from civil constructions, production or storage (shops, warehouses, hotels, museums, banks, offices, halls, electrical or electronic equipment and the like).
CO detection systems
The role of the system is to detect the presence of carbon monoxide accumulations in underground car parks.
- Installation and commissioning
- Service and maintenance
You can find out more about the solutions proposed by SIS by accessing the site dedicated to this type of system.